Could you pin a specific Creative Commons variant in the license metadata?

#2
by Singaraj - opened

Hi @prajdabre — thank you for MorisienMT; I'm building on it for Kreol Morisien retrieval work (an embedding model, and a benchmark task now proposed for MTEB: https://github.com/embeddings-benchmark/mteb/pull/5110 — both with attribution and a citation of your paper).

The dataset card currently tags license: cc without a variant. For the MTEB contribution, reviewers need a specific license to establish the terms for a processed copy of the test split — could you update the metadata to the variant you intend (for example cc-by-4.0 or cc-by-sa-4.0), or state it in this thread?

Thanks again for making the dataset available.

Hi. I have changed it to MIT. Please feel free to use it for any purpose.

Thank you, that's very generous and much appreciated. I've updated my MTEB task and the repackaged benchmark dataset to declare MIT.

Sign up or log in to comment